Thursday, December 22, 2011

Deryk Engelland Suspended 3 Games


Link to video

That seems about right. I thought maybe two games (unofficially), but didn't know about the concussion or I might have guessed three, which is what Engelland got. Hindsight is always easier.

I did note, as Shanahan did, that there appeared to be a sweeping movement up making contact with the head completely expected. This video does show Engelland leaving his feet much more clearly than the original video did. The commentators noted it, but I just didn't see it all that well until this video (which slowed it down, stopped it, and was of a higher quality), but I took them at their word. It still seems like a more minut amount of leaping than some other leaping checks this season.

Engelland will forfeit $9,189.18.

Still waiting to hear what happens with the Ott / Laviolette situation. No word on any hearings, fines, suspensions, or anything else.

I'll let you know if I hear something.